So the doctors still say that Alex can come home tomorrow or Friday but the discharge planner says we have to wait for insurance approval for his formula. The insurance company has up to 5 business days to respond and the note had to come from the GI group explaining the long road they've had with feeding issues and why they require this formula (because of the expense). She doesn't think that GI sent the forms until yesterday afternoon.
So we wait...We might literally find out for sure that we are bringing him home that very same day that we get insurance approval but technically it could be any day this week or even early next week. To be honest, it is kind of like a win-win situation for us. We are very excited to bring Alex home and to know that it is just about here is indescribable. But if he has to stay a bit longer, thats okay too because it affords us the ease to also spend a lot more time with Nicholas as well as getting things ready at home.